Monday, October 15, 2007

2 stories...

You are all right... symptoms don't mean anything, but still- am I the only one to focus in on everything that my body is doing in these 2 weeks? It sucks! I couldn't sleep last night because I kept thinking AF was coming. Its now 10dpo and I decided to take my temp this a.m. It is is still high but not tri-phasic. I just hate the 2ww. Hate it hate it hate it HATE IT! I have a few questions for you all...
1. If you temp, do you continue to temp through the 2ww?
2. For those of you "early" testers, when do you start testing?
3. Would you rather AF arrive, your temp drop, or get a BFN to find out that the cycle was a bust?
4. Do you obsess like I do about every little twinge that happens in the 2ww?
I am with r&r in that I HATE testing. Both of my pregnancies were the palest pregnancy tests ever. Now I obsess and obsess about "that line" and I always imagine that I see a second line. I am SO envious of Von for getting such a bright and shiny BFP- no doubt about that one! Good for you girl! You give me hope! And people always say it isn't the shade of the line- a line is a line- but I will only feel decent about a pregnancy if I get a 'no doubt about it' BFP.
Anyway, to distract myself I will tell you 2 stories... 1 is short and sweet and the other I could tell you forever...
#1 How I became a teacher...
I have wanted to teach since I was 2 years old. No lie. I remember my brother going to pre-school (he is 18 months older than me) and I wanted to go too. My mom actually potty trained me in 1 day because I couldn't go to nursery school if I wasn't. Anyway, as soon as I met my brother's teacher, I played school. That's like the only "game" I would play and I would always play the teacher. People told me my whole life that I would change my mind. According to them, no one decides what they want to do when they are 2. But I didn't. I went to Longwood College which is primarily a teaching school. My dad told me not to freak if I changed my mind about my major. I didn't. Then when I started, I was again warned that some people change their mind once in the real world. I didn't. I have been teaching now for 11 years and I don't plan to stop. The only job I ever consider changing over too is something in curriculum and development. But I think I'd miss teaching too much.
#2 What made us want to start trying...
Even before FJ and I were married, we talked about waiting about a year to start trying to conceive. Little did we know that the pill was a total waste of our money and all of the "scares" we had were a waste of energy! After about 15 months of being married (2 years ago this month), we started trying. I can remember the first time we did it without a condom. FJ was scared shitless. I think he really believed that that would be all it took. I, on the other hand, had an incling that it might take a "few months". Needless to say I did not get a bfp that month- or the next, or the next. So here we are- 2 years later and praying for a miracle.
I will answer the wedding question next time! I am off to Williamsburg for a conference and will check in Wed. night. I will be hoping and praying for all of you who plan to test this week! I hope with all hopes that this is it for at least one of us!

9 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

1- i stopped temptin yrs ago
2-I can't test early or late ..I'm scared of those things
3- I would rather AF arrive
4- I obsess like you do about every little twinge that happens in the 2ww

Excellent stories - good luck to your trip and cycle

A'Dell said...

I would rather AF just show up. I can stay away from preg tests because even when they're negative I think they're lying to me and that maybe I'm really pregnant the test just doesn't know it yet.

Yeah. Scores of preg tests are faulty and I happen to buy them all. Uh-huh.

2ww suuuuuuuucks.

RBandRC said...

1. I don't temp because my shrink told me it would only exacerbate my OCD. Not that peeing on sticks every day for my fertility monitor is any better, but at least it doesn't involve thinking.

2. I don't test. Usually because I never make it long enough to test. And I don't like to see that one line staring back at me.

3. I prefer for AF to show. And usually she does right on time or early. She is hardly ever late and if she is it is like a day late.

4. Me? Obsess? Wait, I think I just felt a twinge...Nope, you're not alone. I have been analyzing EVERYTHING. I'm going insane.

I love your stories! Makes me forget I'm going crazy over here. I've got everything crossed for you sweetie! Have fun at your conference! :)

Anonymous said...

1. I temped EVERY DAY for the last two years. I just stopped when we signed up for IVF. It was quite liberating, actually!
2. I used to start testing at 10DPO.
3. I would watch my temp drop and then assume AF would arrive (and she ALWAYS did). I stopped testing because it was too sad.
4. Yes, even when I knew (my brain new) that I wasn't preggo, my heart would still hope. And every little thing would make me wonder....peeing often, twinges in my tummy, hang-nails, itchy toes.
I was pathetic - YOU are totally normal. Have a good trip. Check back with you when you get back.

Courtney said...

I haven't temped in several months and I really don't miss it a bit. I inevitably test early most cycles. I would rather for AF just to arrive and know the cycle is a bust than to wait for her to drop in after a negative test. Obsessing is a prerequisite for ttc. :)

I hope you are able to enjoy your conference and I am holding out hope for you!

Natalie said...

1. I stopped temping 6 or so month ago. It's freeing. Put away the thermometer.
2. I don't test until I'm late so n/a.
3. I'd rather it arrived than pee on a stick.
4. Most definitely.

Good luck.

Tracy said...

1. If you temp, do you continue to temp through the 2ww? I don't temp if I'm on meds...
2. For those of you "early" testers, when do you start testing? I don't early test. Hate the damn things.
3. Would you rather AF arrive, your temp drop, or get a BFN to find out that the cycle was a bust? AF arrive. I can't bear another BFN. UGH.
4. Do you obsess like I do about every little twinge that happens in the 2ww? Absolutely.

Amanda said...

I would much rather AF just show up. A negative test is just so...negative. I will test early, though. I try not to test before 12 dpo and I don't take it seriously until 14dpo. I obsess over EVER little thing during the 2WW (even though I write it off out loud, it's counted mentally).

Good luck!!!

~Carrie said...

1. I used to temp during the 2ww, because my temp would drop and I would know AF was on her way - however I stopped b/c I started taking progeterone and it keeps my temp high while I am on it, even when AF arrives.

2. I used to test at 9dpo and now wait until 11 dpo.

3. I would rather have AF arrive. I hate seeing a BFN.

4. Yes. It's hard not to focus on your body during the 2ww because I swear, sometimes your body really gives out pregnancy symptoms even when your not - it's annoying! For the past 2 months I swear I had all sorts of implantation symptoms on 7-8dpo! It drove me nuts.

Totally unrelated - you mentioned in another post that you are a Redskins fan. I am a football fan too - except I am an Eagles fan! (uh oh! - And yes, I know they are sucking right now!) However, I am a big Redskins fan when they are playing Dallas or the Giants :)