My best friend is pregnant. It was bound to happen and it did. She has always been my rock- the person I could turn to when AF arrived to go out for a beer or six. We sort of stopped doing that when my treatment became more serious and she mentioned that she was going off of the pill. I miss the blowouts but I am glad they ended months ago instead of an abrupt stop right now. She cried when she told me which made me cry. She says she wants me there with her (pregnant also) and I told her maybe I would be. It isn't as devastating as I thought it would be. She knows what we are going through and she is 100% there for me. Why should it be any different me for her? She is due May 4. I hope with all I have that I am pregnant before then. I will have to give her a shower- I am sure of it and it would be easier if I were pregnant too.
On another note, I was watching Jeff and Kate plus Eight (Jeff??? I forget his name) and got really freaked out about Kate's post-pregnancy belly. It was dis-gust-ing! Of course I don't plan on having sixtuplets after having twins but still. It freaked me out. I would love to have multiples though- doesn't freak me out in the least. Everyone I tell this looks at me like I am so naive. The way I look at it is if we had more than one, we could stop treatment after having finally gone through a complete pregnancy resulting in a birth (or two...) and just enjoy our family. I am afraid that FJ and I will always want a big family no matter what our outcome is and it would be easier (ha- yeah right) if they all came at once. Don't get me wrong- I don't want to be one of those women on the news about their million-tuplets, but twins or triplets would be nice. Shoot- a singleton would be terrific- I shouldn't put the cart before the horse. Am I the only one who feels this way? How do you feel about the prospect of multiples?
Today's ultrasound went fine. I guess they were checking to make sure my ovaries weren't overstimulated (they weren't) before giving me an addition dose of HCG. My 2ww actually begins today because it will take that long for the hcg to safely be out of my system. Of course I can get AF before that but for now I am hoping for a quick 2 weeks leading to- well you know.
We got several mailings from insurance today. One of them was actually good news. They paid for my HSG test! Miraculous! After not paying for the SA, I thought for sure they wouldn't pay for my testing. That's $2500 bucks we don't have to pay. Wahoo- go insurance for finally stepping up to the plate!!!
Back to school tomorrow. I don't have any appointments this week so my students will be glad (or mad) to have me back semi-permanently. I have a conference in Williamsburg, VA Tuesday and Wednesday of next week so I will be out again (I should've said no I didn't want to go but at the time I thought it'd be fun). So that's all for now from me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
No matter how close you are to someone, those type of announcements are never easy. It sounds like you are handling it exceptionally well though. :)
I am going to hope that you and your best friend will be sharing a wonderful thing in no time!
I am sorry about hte bff news. It doesnt make it any easier ..I had to throw a shower in june for mine ... Whoa what a time. I am cheering for ya this month !! and look tomorow for my 8 randomness about me!
My bff is pregnant too. She is my happy hour friend every Thursday. It changes things. HUGS to us both!
Neither of my BFF are pregnant, nor have they been. One is trying, the other just got married and will start trying next year. I know it will be bittersweet if they get pregnant before me...
Yeah on the HSG being covered!!
Have you seen that show Kids by the Dozen? And the Duggars that have 19 kids? OMG I don't get it. I would be fine with twins, triplets scare me though because I would probably have to quit working and I don't think we can survive on one income. But I will take whatever I can get!!!
I'm with Courtney - no matter how close you are or how much you love them, it still sucks when they pass you:-(
the thing about my hands = no imagine typing for instance .. you know hte standard finger placements ... well if i press a key with the right hand ..the cooresponding finger on the left hand will move also .. sometime ..not all the time
I've had quite a few good friends pregnant during our 5 years. How they handled telling me when they knew our problems was very interesting. Some got very self righteous about how they "deserved" it and they wouldn't let me make them feel bad. Not that I would make them feel bad about it.
Other friends, the ones who have remained my friends, have told me face to face, cried, wished I could be too, would give anything for it to happen for me too, kind of girls.
I'm hoping this doesn't come between your friendship .
Thank you for the tag. I'll get cracking today........
I completely understand. My closest friend where I live is preggo and it has been really hard. I'm actually in the process of planning her shower now and its been tough, but I'm getting through it. I'm here if you ever need to vent! Feel free to email me! :)
Post a Comment