Sunday, October 7, 2007

I have been tagged

Road Blocks and Rollercoasters tagged me so now I am going to write about 8 random things that most people (especially you guys) don't know about me. I love this kind of thing so I am so thankful to r&r that I have been tagged!!!
1. I am a die hard Washington Redskins fan. I grew up with my mother screaming at the television and the dog hiding behind the couch every Sunday when they were on. I am proud to say that my dog hides behind the couch these days as well.
2. I have been hypnotised 3 times. All 3 were in college by a famous hypnotis named Tom DeLuca. He would come to my college and people would line up for hours just to get a seat. The first time I was picked at random, the second I made a huge sign that said, "Pick me!" and he did. I don't remember what I did to get picked the third time. I was infamous around campus because of it- people were dying to get up on that stage.
3. I have run 3 marathons. Yese, full 26.2 mile marathons in my life. I started running when I was 12 and wanted to lose weight. I remember my step-dad who was at the time dating my mother taking me out and buying me running shoes. I couldn't run a mile without stopping at the time. In high school I ran track and crosscountry and was the captain of both my senior year. I continued to run in college (just recreation) and then decided to bite the bullet and run the big race. I have run the New Orleans Marathon once and Richmond Marathon twice.
4. I sleepwalk like crazy. It's not really walking (that would be too easy and gentle), its more like sleep do stuff. Once I woke FJ up prying his eyes open with my fingers telling him he had worms crawling out of them. Talk about freaking him out!!! Imagine waking up to your signicant other's fingers in your eyes! I also have pushed him out of bed while he is asleep screaming that a boat was falling through the ceiling.
5. I won a costume contest once. My 5 best gal pals and I dressed up like "Prince's Greatest hits". I was Purple Rain (I wore a rain suit painted purple, held a purpole umbrella with streamers, and slicked my hair back (wet look) with purple hair gel) and my friends were "Most Beautiful Girl in the World, Little Red Corvette, Party Like its 1999, and Diamonds and Pearls. We all had cd name tags to peopple knew what we were. It was an awesome costume and I highly recommend it for those of you that are thinking of a group costume.
6. I spent some time suspended in high school. Overall I was a good girl/ athlete. I got raging mad, however, at my behind the wheel teacher in driver's ed and screamed ,"Fuck You!!!" and flicked him off once we got back to school after our first behind the wheel drive. Looking back, I still think I handled myself appropriately. He was a total jerk!
7. My father is a multi-millionaire. He didn't have money when I was growing up or when he was married to my mom. But he has worked his butt off and has become rich beyond my wildest dreams. He's not exactly stingy with his money but he doesn't share it either. He does pay for FJ and I to fly down to Vero Beach once a year. I was hoping that he would offer to pay for our IF treatments and he stil might- but no luck yet... I think he things that we are just trying to "speed up the process".
8. I have clothes in my closet that are a size 4 and closthes that are a size 12. My weight fluctuates so much that I could wear one size at the beginning of a month and be 3 sizes greater by the end. IF has really magnified this. It seems when AF arrives, I go into diet mode thinking- if I am not pregnant, at least I can look good. By the time the 2ww roles around I think, "what if I am pregnant" and I eat like a pig (like I am eating for 5!). I wish I wasn't like this. I wish that I wasn't obsessed with food, but I am.

Anything else you want to know? This was fun!

As far as wehat's going on in the IF front- not much. I just went out to dinner with my dad and as I said in #7, he commented that we were trying to speed up the process of conceiving. He didn't mean anything by it- was just clarifying what we were doing. FJ said I handled it well- I mentioned that I didn't think we could possibly speed it up any more since it has been 2 long years. I felt a little sick earlier but its way too soon to tell anything at this point so I am sure it was nothing. I am still cautiously optimistic though. Ultrasound and hcg tomorrow to make sure my eggies dropped.

Now I need to tag someone (how many someones???) so I tag Fertilize Me (otherwise known as Orange Glaze Cinnamin Bun Dogwood) and Von. I love both of their blogs to pieces and want to know more about them as people. So tag girls, you're it!

6 comments:

Kristen said...

I feel like I know so much more about you now!

I have never been hypnotised. Do your remember what happens while you are out?

Kudos about those marathons! I envy you so much. I've always wanted to devote myself to something like that and train for it. It's such an accomplishment.

And crazy about your sleep-doing! I'd totally freak out if I woke up to DH putting his finger in my eye, LOL.

AwkwardMoments said...

oh wonderful list ..this is excellent. It gives me something to do during my 2ww ... thats for the opportunity to distract me .... feel free to send more ways to distract me. ALso thank you for addressing me with my new legally chnagd name ;)

If you are ever in Vero Beach or any part of FL.. and want a tour. Let me know

Courtney said...

This is a great peek into your life! Thank you for sharing. :)

dmarie said...

Wow--you're pretty interesting! 2-things--I wish my dad was a multi-millionaire and I too have clothes in my closet from sizes 4-12+.

Missy said...

That's such a neat game too! The story of your sleep walking cracked me up. Although, I would be scared too if my husband did something like that. I have a tendancy to talk in my sleep and will have full conversations with a person. Do you think your sleep walking has something to do with your hypnosis?
By the way, 1 week and about 2 days! It's getting closer.

RBandRC said...

Wow, a sleep walker, huh? That is too much. I am not so much a walker, but I'm definitely a sleep talker. Apparently I have entire conversations while I'm asleep and I laugh and get angry. G tells me all the time about it, though I have no recollection. What does he expect though--I talk for a living, so why should my dreams be any different?

Keeping my fingers crossed that things go well tomorrow! :)