1. Can you still miscarry while on progesterone?
2. If all of my symptoms are due to progesterone does it mean its working or that I am having "fake" symptoms?
3. Why do some drs want you to come in right away and some make you wait until 8 weeks (or 6 in my case)?
4. Can I eat crab meat? blue cheese? tuna? I have had all of these in the last day or so and just realized maybe I shouldn't have!
5. Will I ever get to the point where I can enjoy a pregnancy without constant worry?
6. When will I start feeling sick?
7. Is my incredible sleeping habits due to pregnancy or to my supreme laziness?
8. Are these minor cramps really normal? There seems to be more when I drink/eat too much (non-alcoholic of course!)
These are all questions that run through my mind. Every time I think, 'wow, my boobs are sore' I remember that I am on progesterone and get bummed out. I just can't seem to get it all under control. I know the advice- enjoy it- but with my past it is near impossible. Don't get me wrong, I am beyond elated that this IUI worked- but I continue to be s-c-a-r-e-d.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
aw hon. I know. And it's ok.
1. Unfortunately, yes.
2. Not all of your symptoms are due to progesterone. You're pregnant and all of what you're feeling is due to being pregnant.
3. My beta was super low when it started - just 20. My RE had me in every 2 - 3 days to make sure it kept rising. Otherwise there was no u/s until 6 to check for a heartbeat. I think regular gynes do 8wks, but I'm not sure. Everone in IF that I know always go at 6.
4. If you ask me, the data is still out on fish. First it was more than than 6 ounces a week. Now it's no less than 6 ounces a week. Although there are certain fish - those more prone to higher mercury levels - you should avoid. Just google those. But don't freak out if you ate more. As my step-mom said - it's a wonder anyone had babies before all food warnings. They ate what they wanted and their babies were perfectly fine.
5. I'm of the thought that those of us who are too aware of what can happen never relax. I hope you do, though. I hope we all do.
6. My RE said around 7wks is the norm. She said "however you feel when you wake up on Tuesday will probably be how you feel for the next several weeks".
7. You're super sleepy because you're pregnant. It's all I wanted to do and it's very normal. Listen to your body and sleep when you want to and sleep until you're done.
8. Cramping can be very, very normal. A lot of women cramp through the first 8 - 10 weeks as the uterus is expanding and stretching. My RE said if it's no worse than an average AF cramp, then don't worry.
1- sad to admit, but yes
2- symptoms can be elevated by progesterone
3- this varies from Dr to Dr and patient to patient
4-If you moderate it and are comfortable eating it then most likely you are ok with the Fish/Tuna. I am unsure about the bleu cheese in large quantities and I am sure that you didn't come close to a large quantity
5-Goodness I do hope so. I am trying to enjoy this while it lasts
6-it differs between person, some immediately, some 6-12 weeks, some never
7-the progesterone has a tendency to do this as a side effect, and being pregnant
8- I am having these - especially if i wait tooo long to go to the bathroom or drink/eat too much
Hang in there HUNNIE BUNNIE!!! Thinking of you
I think the two ladies answered the questions better than I could've. I'm super excited for you though and hoping that it continues to go well!
It's difficult to enjoy things when you're terrified that they won't work out. I can't blame you. You've got to accept how your feeling and then you'll be able to move it past it.
As for your questions:
1. I think so.
2. I wasn't on progesterone when I was pregnant and my boobs really hurt and I had intense cramping. I don't think everything is related to progesterone and plus, it's still early.
3. I don't think they can see anything until 6 weeks, so they have you wait especially if your betas are good. I went in at 6 for mine.
4. Crab meat and tuna (canned) should be fine. I wouldn't eat blue cheese unless it's pasteurized and most brands are except some foreign brands. I'm sure if your fine though, try not to worry about that.
5. I have no personal experience here, but yes, I think you will. This point in pregnancy is always the worst because there is no clear cut way of knowing whether things will be fine or not.
6. I've heard 6-8 weeks.
7. Pregnancy
8. Yup. I had them a lot and stopped having them when the twins stopped growing, oddly enough.
I know this is tough, but I'm sending lots of positive energy your way. HUGS!!!
5.
1. Unfortunately, yes.
2. They can't *all* be from the supplemental progesterone - some of them are definitely real!
3. Because they are sick bastards who like to torture us. ;)
4. Yes. Yes. And Yes. In moderation.
5. Maybe. I'll let you know if I ever get there.
6. Maybe never - I didn't have a moment of M/S with M. This time, I started throwing up at 5 weeks.
7. Definitely pregnancy. I used to be a midnight bed time gal, but now I'm lucky if I make it til 9. And I nap in the afternoons on my days off...
8. Yes, absolutely. Very normal.
{{{HUGS}}}
I think the ladies above me answere the questions wonderfully. I do want to add my 2 cents to a few, though.
3. I think most REs have more sensitive u/s machines and can see things earlier. It seems that most women I know seeing an RE go in at 6 weeks. My OB/Gyn wanted to see me at 8 weeks. She told me that it's standard practice to not come in until then. She even told me that most of her patients don't even know they're pregnant until 7 or 8 weeks (I know...shock! gasp!).
6. You may not get morning sickness. Some women never do.
8. Cramps are completely normal. Pretty much, your uterus knows something is going on and it's trying to accomodate (this is what my doc told me and also what google told me).
I hope you're able to find some peace and calm. I know the wait seems unbearable. I have hope that everything will turn out wonderfully at your appointment! <3
I know I am late (just now catching up with all my girls.)
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you!
It looks like there are a lot of great answers to your questions, so I will just say that I am thinking of you and hoping that your fears are subsided by the reassurances from your PREGNANT body. :)
Hang in there, having never had a BFP I am completely cluess. However, I think that pasteurized cheese is okay,you should check the lable. I think that even soft cheeses are pasteurized in the U.S...and I do wonder, what do pregnant ladies do in France? I am SURE they eat cheese! I am so happy for you. I will enjoy it for you while you are scared...okay?
Post a Comment