Wednesday, October 3, 2007

IUI#1 is a go!

The dildo cam hurt a bit today- don't know why... Not hurt- hurt but definitely felt a few twinges of ouchiness. I am scheduled for IUI#1 tomorrow at 2:30 and IUI#2 Friday at 10:30. I am really surprised that it is this soon in my cycle since with clomid I don't ovulate until cd 19-20 and I am only on cd 14. I guess that is what the follitism did? Sped up the process so that the follies are bigger sooner and ready to pop?? Does this mean that I will AF/ dreaded test day be earlier than my usual 32 days? If I o tomorrow- will my luteal phase be the usual 12 days giving me a 27 day cycle? Anyway, its hard not to be hopeful but I am trying to keep it together...
The results:
Left- 2 follies (20, 12)
Right- 3 follies (20, 16, 13)
Lining- 9
He said that the 3 larger ones were my best bets. The 13 one in the right ovary does have a visible egg though. FJ makes his deposit tomorrow a.m. at 8:00 and they will wash it and deliver it to the clinic so its ready for me at 2:30. I also had a pap smear appt for tomorrow at 3:00 but although Dr. Strango said it would be okay to do a pap after IUI, he hesitated before he said it so FJ and I opted to reschedule.
Thanks for your comments- its crazy how much some of us have in common (MIL = Catholic). I think she is most concerned about the frozen transfers and the choosing of the best embryos. It's not for her to decide though. My mom made a good point- the same God that gave us life, gave us scientists with the ability to help couples with IF. I am not letting it get to me.

12 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

my last iui seemed to be all a giant whirl. Evenrtying happened alot faster than my clomid cycles and my never ovulatory cycles. I do beleive that is what the follistem (fsh) injections do. So seems like u are on the same schedule i was on last time ( and this time) good luck to you tomorrow. I go back for a follie scan tomorrow at 715 am. we will share my good vibes for that bfp!

Anonymous said...

Good for you guys - I am so glad FJ quit smoking. It certainly may improve his counts, but remember that it takes 72 days for a sperm to mature so you probably won't see any results for 2-3 months.

Good luck! I know it is hard, but try not to wrap all your emotions into the first try. I know lots of people that had success with IUI but not necessarily the first shot. It is a really good procedure for low sperm counts.

Good luck! I am thinking all positive thoughts!!!

Tracy said...

Good luck with your IUIs! I'm glad you've got several good follies going on...

Can't wait to hear how it turns out in a couple weeks.

tryingin2007 said...

good luck tomorrow!!! :)

Courtney said...

Sending tons of positive vibes your way that this does the trick!

RBandRC said...

YAY! I'll be keeping everything crossed that it all goes smoothly. We really are twins this cycle, huh? I usually ovulate late too, but this time its really early. Odd.

Anyway, best wishes tomorrow and thanks for answering my questions re:triggering. It should be an interesting event, but we'll get through it. :)

Von said...

OOhhhh Good Luck. As the saying goes, I'll be crossing everything for you. Remember to take it easy aftewards........

Kristen said...

Good luck tomorrow! I hope the IUI goes super smoothly. Those follies seem to be growing quite nicely.

I'm so glad DH quit smoking. Don't worry. When my DH quit, he was a raging asshole for a good week or two. But after that was smooth sailing. He will feel so much better about himself in the long run. Good for him!

XOXO

Natalie said...

Wow, so soon! Good luck:-)

Interesting on the timing though. My clinic has the husband donate an hour and a half before, it's their little rule. Interesting how they all do it differently...

Kim said...

Looking great! Major sticky vibes coming your way. And as for your MIL, blech. Your body, your choice. I doubt she'd want to give back her grandchild. I'll be watching you like a hawk!

~Carrie said...

Injectibles can definately speed up your cycle while clomid can sometimes make your cycle longer. As far as your luteal phase - mine was the same with clomid and injectibles (though I do take progeterone b/c I had a short LP)

It looks like you have some great follie sizes! I hope your IUI went well!

Mommy Someday said...

Good luck with your first IUI! I, too, have used Clomid and Injectibles, and had good follicle results although my cycle was a bit longer (I am usually a 24-day gal). I am in the midst of IUI cycle #3 and will share my positive vibes for a BFP in your cycle!