I did it. I did my first IUI. FJ went this a.m. for his "deposit" at the clinic and he said this time there were women in the waiting room. He was so embarrassed. He was, however, very excited when he remembered a favorite line from the Adam Sandler movie (was it Billy Madison) when he asks what day it is and then exclaims, "October, NUDEY MAGAZINE DAY!!!". He felt that this was quite appropriate for what he was about to do. Anyway, when we got to the clinic this afternoon- the specimen was already washed and ready. It looked like about 1/2 a teaspoon full and FJ was like, "I thought I put more in than that...". I explained the whole washing, spinning thing and he felt better. Then nurse Kim came in and said that FJ's count was 216 million! (20 million is considered normal.) Dr. Strango came in and repeated this fact which tells me that they both thought this was a good sign. I asked Dr. Strango if he knew the morphology and he said no, they don't check for that. But... if FJ is still at 1% morphology- 1% of 216 million is still good according to him! So now of course we are excited. It sucks too because I don't want to get my hopes up... I digress... the procedure itself was easy. I felt a tiny pinch when the catheter was inserted through the cervix but it was all finished in like 2 minutes. I had to lay there for 10 minutes and then I was on my way. Dr. Strango said there are no restrictions but I am laying here anyway milking it for all its worth. My arse is sore from the trigger yesterday and my insides just feel a little bit off so I feel like I deserve it. Tomorrow a.m. we go for IUI#2. I will take my temperature in the a.m. to see if I have ovulated yet. I am crampy like ovulating now so we'll see.
On another note... A big congratulations to Von. If you haven't stopped by to read her story- you should.
On an even different note... we got a package from my MIL yesterday. I guess her way of saying she does support us with IUI and IVF is by sending us each small silver medallions with St. Gerard (patron saint of something having to do with babies) with our names engraved on the back. FJ and I both agree that this is huge. She must feel bad for what she said Sunday and be ready to accept that this is our fate. I am so happy about this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Congrats on your first IUI and DH's sperm count. :)
To answer your question in my blog, my first beta is tomorrow a.m. Wish me luck!
YAY for your MIL supporting you, and YAY for getting the IUI over with. I'll be in your shoes soon!
YAY! One down, one to go. I decided to go with the shot in the tummy as I don't like getting shots in my bum--I feel like it hurts for longer than it should. I'm glad everything went well and his sample was good.
Also, I'm so happy to hear your MIL is supporting you. That can make all the difference. I think St. Gerard is the patron saint for fertility/infertility. I found that odd since that is my husband's name and we are in this position. I keep telling him to get in to church and talk to his namesake, but he just blows me off. :)
I'll be keeping everything crossed for you!!!
I'm so glad that your first IUI went off without a hitch! Tomorrow's should be a breeze for you, and then those eggs and swimmers need to get together and get busy!!!
YAH for IUI #1 and hubbo's spermies. FANTASTICAL!!! Good luck to the next one. Yippee for MIL, thats a nice change
Great news on the IUI front. Well done. Now take it easy and look after yourself.
Thanks for the mention, I'm very chuffed.
Also good to see your MIL trying make amends.
Crossing everything for you.
WOW - FJ has super sperm! We did two IUIs but the sperm count was not so good (700,000 post wash). So those numbers sound astronomical to me! And back-to-back IUIs can only help! I wish all the best for both of you.
Oh, and P.S. the first time we did the IUI I looked at the vial and thought -- WOW, DH didn't do so well -- it looked like a tiny drop of sperm. I didn't realize that sample was supposed to be so tiny!
St Gerard - Patronage
childbirth; children; expectant mothers; falsely accused people; good confessions; lay brothers; motherhood; mothers; Muro, Italy; pregnant women; pro-life movement; unborn children
It sounds like MIL really is trying to make ammends.
Congrats on the wonderful count! I hope everything goes well.
Good luck in the 2ww!! :-)
Post a Comment