Thank you Amanda for the info on St Gerard - Patronage childbirth; children; expectant mothers; falsely accused people; good confessions; lay brothers; motherhood; mothers; Muro, Italy; pregnant women; pro-life movement; unborn children. I am excited that MIL is now on our side.
Today's IUI went off without a hitch and I took the whole day off so now I am relaxing with the puppies. FJ's counts were half of what they were yesterday, but still well over the minimum. I felt crampy and yicky last night for a while. FJ brought me dinner in bed (I think this was so he could watch the Yankee's game without feeling guilty). Today I feel about the same so I am glad that I took the day off. Don't get me wrong- I'd have been fine going back to work, but I felt like I deserved a day. Not only that, but the appt. was at 10:30 and with being a teacher- having a sub for the middle of the day would've been confusing.
This a.m. as I was getting ready I smelled urine. I went into the guest room and our oldest puppy (9 month old) peed all over the bed. Now, if it was later in the cycle, I'd have thought that Von had shared her wee- bit o' luck with me, but its too early. It was strange though- he NEVER has accidents. We have noticed that he is not drinking a lot of water lately and even after sleeping 8 hours, doesn't run down to pee. Maybe there is something wrong? Maybe he can sense the craziness of the past few weeks? I don't know, I hope he's not sick.
I got an email from my SIL (the one with the baby) and she asked if I'd ever considered accupuncture. I haven't. I have heard good things about it, but don't have a clue if there is anyone in Richmond, VA who does that or how much it costs or anything. Have any of you ladies done it? What's it like? What's it cost? My temp went up .25 today. They said it would be too early for it to go up. I took the HCG shot 48 hours ago though so I don't get that. I hope it shoots up tomorrow! I am looking forward to getting back to having sex again- its been almost a week- its so weird to be at the fertile time and not being able to have sex! That's all for now- sorry for the randomness...- I am off to be one with my couch. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I'm glad your IUI went well. I think it's wonderful that you were able to take the day off (and that hubby brought you dinner in bed regardless of his reasons..hahaha)
I hope your puppy isn't sick. I'd watch him because it sounds like it could be a UTI. But that's jmo.
I've heard good things about acupuncture, but never tried it. You'll have to let us know how it goes if you decide to do it!!
Good luck in your 2ww! :-)
Sorry about your puppy! That stinks...literally.
Good luck with the IUIs. I hope one of those little buggers sticks.
I did acupuncture and found it to be very relaxing, though with IVF it got to be a little stressful from a scheduling perspective. I already have 3-4 appointments per week, throwing a couple more on top of that got to be tenuous. The cost for me was $60 for a 50 minute session, so it got kind of pricey, too, but it's a qualified medical expense if you're itemizing or have a flex spending account for med.
Hope that helps! Shoot me a note if you want more info.
Happy to hear your IUI went well and you're now resting. Good Luck!
Sorry about the puppy mess. I had my share of pet accidents myself this week.
oh no .pooor puppy ..it does sound like a UTI ( just my input)
Good luck with all of those swimmers! Hope they are brewing up some conception. I join your 2ww on Monday
You never know. It might be a wee' bit ' o' luck for you.
Animals can sense these things........
I've done AC for a few cycles of IVF/FET. It is good for relaxation etc but can be expensive after a while.
I didn't use it this time sooooo, who knows. If you are to do it they usually like to do it before and just after transfer to keep things relaxed. I'm not sure how much you would benefit from it now when all is done, and the waiting begins.
Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!!
Glad everything went well again today! I'm sorry to hear about your puppy. Perhaps he has a urinary tract infection? I would see if there is a change in his appetite and activity level and if there is take him to the vet.
I used to do acupuncture. I actually really enjoyed and it made me feel fantastic, however, it didn't help me get pregnant. That's not to say that it doesn't help because I'm sure for some it does, it just didn't for me. They have a specialist at my clinic so I might go back if I don't have to pay full price. It used to cost $60 a week for it and for that I could just go get a massage and feel just as good.
Maybe ask the people at you're clinic for suggestions? Or you can google it. That's what I did and I found a great place.
Well, we're in the dreaded 2ww together again. Let's hope it brings good news for both of us! :)
I got your message saying you haven't received your infertility bracelet. Please send me your info again and I'll look and see when I mailed to you. Include your blog name or blog address so I know it's you :)
Post a Comment